Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lavender.......

From late November through to now, early February,- my life, my families life is all about Lavender.  Lavender is a part of us throughout everyday of the year and we are engaging with it in some way everyday, some days without even knowing. It is this last 3 months that Lavender is our life.

I cannot imagine what my life would be like without Lavender. It has seduced me, and now I will always love Lavender.

The excitement starts with colour, then it's the Aroma, it's total persuasive beauty.  Lavender draws you in becomes like a drug. The more you love it, the more it loves you back. I cant help but run my hands over the buds and flowers then take handfuls and crush them in my palms then, instinctively I draw my hands to my face and breathe in the aroma, deep deep breathes, ahh devine. I dont need an excuse to walk through the Lavender fields. I just find myself there.

Dont get me wrong.  Owning a Lavender Farm is thrilling, but it is not as totally romantic as it sounds, it's not for the faint hearted, it is very hard work. All of the work involved is done by hand, and takes exessively long hours.  Like all farmers and crops we have success stories and we also have stories of loss.

 So the last 3 months... Harvesting, bunching, hanging, distilling, weeding, and pruning.  Lavender open day at Crookwell, which we went to child free, (thank you Grandma Faye) which was great and informative. And lastly we have just returned from the annual week long TALGA conference which this year was an international one in Tasmania, with guest speaker from all over the world. France, Japan, New Zeadland, England, America and Australia. WOW!   The kids came with us and we shared the experience.

Charli asked me if she could borrow my camera, .... I love her photo's.

The world through Charli's eyes

Jhye and Tia at Bridestowe, Tasmania. Charli.

Charli's eyes

Lavender as far as the eye can see, bridestowe. Charli.


Jhye and Henry relaxing at Launceston (I took this one)

Derwent River, Hobart.  My family. (this too)

Charli girl xxxx (and this)

home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!